I know most bloggers out there are blogging for the sake of money. Believe me, I will be grateful to make a lot of money through my blog. I will be lying to myself if I say I won’t be happy just to relax at home, open my computer and make a post a day while watching money flows just through my blog. That would be the best thing ever happen to me, ever.
Somehow, most bloggers lost the plot since the beginning. There are too many sites which I skipped(not even reading a line) because of these common mistakes:-
- unattractive design (too many stuff packed in a page)
- too many Adsense advertisement in a page
- the main page take ages to load
- pages fulled with advertisement, not content (readers want to read your content, not your advertisement)
- simple stuffs such as font colour, common blog template, unattractive header
- content not related with their blog (happen because the eagerness to put hot keywords in a paragraph)
There are few blogs when I accidentally visited through some links which doesn’t even have a title for their blogs(of course the last post was done a few months ago). Not to mention those blogs that use hot keyword such as Melayu Boleh, Making Money Online and Skandal Seks Melayu just to make sure they got a lot of visitors without even touching the subject.
Here are few tips I discovered about making money online:-
- Blog design. Even if you are using the template given by WordPress or Blogspot, at least you can still make sure your pages are not too packed with contents and advertisements at the same time.
- Build your readership. How to make money online? Of course you have to have readers reading your blog. Instead of filling our pages with advertisements, why don’t we try to build a solid reader community first. Slowly with readership increasing, we can try to put some advertisement and ask for reactions.
- Content, content, and content. Only with great content readers will keep coming to your blog. Content can being anything, even simple tips on how to modify your wordpress header can be meaningful to readers.
- Put images in your post. Readers hate to see only words. It’s a fact.
Remember, it is not easy to make money online especially through blog. Imagine thousands of other blogs that are competing with you. To be noticed, it will take even two years. So don’t be disappointed for the first few months when what you were hoping didn’t come true.